Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Letter from a Concerned Mom

(I recieved this email from an egroup I belonged to, and I thought it relevant to share at this point... )

I am a working mother with 2 kids studying at one of the private schools in Metro Manila. I have never been political, concentrating instead on trying to earn a living so that my kids can get a proper education and hopefully, raise them to become God-fearing, decent citizens of this country. As I always tell my husband, our job as parents is to “give our kids a fighting chance” of being able to live decent lives. What the grow up into would be our sole measure of our relevance, our “big” contribution to our society. To my dismay, this Jun Lozada affair is intruding upon our family values.

It is appalling to say the least that this man and whomever he works for (whoever is giving him some patriotic money) have been going around schools trying to influence young people and KIDS into supporting whatever it is that he and his ilk espouses. I have nothing against being aware of the of the ills of our society. Yet such acts must protect the innocence of children. Imagine Lozada egging on pre-schoolers to support him and his quest for truth! For lack of warm bodies to parade through Edsa, Lozada and Co. – disgruntled politicans, naïve member of the religious community, communists, etc - are forcing their version of the truth down children’s throats. They had forgotten that the perception of truth is relative, especially political truths. Now that Lozada’s own closet is being bared to the public and found out to be, not-so-surprisingly, full of bones and secrets, I cannot allow my kids to be influenced by his version of the truth much less be used by him and his like-minded allies. I cannot allow a thief with his own moveable zones of comfort with regards to corruption to become my kids’ icon of truthfulness. I cannot allow a man whose version of the truth are retrofitted to his own personal agenda. Such man is a social poison.

Please keep him out of reach of children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the mother who sent this email. I am a graduate of this catholic private school where Lozada was brought by the nun who once headed the school. I was really shocked that he was allowed to spread his supposed version of the truth to the High School and College students. I am really appalled at how involved the school has become with the present political situation. Since I now live in QC, my daughters are not enrolled in that school, however I have a neice who is in High School there. Likewise, I agree that his version of the truth MUST NOT be hailed as the only truth in this story...for all we know, there might still be other truths that may come out in the future...

Anonymous said...

True! He is not a hero! Please!! Then you might as well call Chavit Singson a hero! What is happening to our country? and Cory... jumping into the silly fray! sitting side by side with De Venecia family? What the? Cmon!!